About the organization
Lois Auta founded the “Network of Disabled Women” in September, 2019. We have 250+ members across Nigeria, some countries in Africa, UK and the US. We have reached out to 4000+ vulnerable groups, so far. The idea aims to ensure the inclusion of women with disabilities linking UNCRPD, SDGs, Africa 2063 and Nigeria Disability Act. Now, it is a network of 250+ organizations founded and owned by women with disabilities formed to coordinate inclusive activities in Nigeria and the World.
Our passion is on human rights based model, which links gender and disability, matters ranging from political, civil, economic, social, sports, health and cultural rights. We are advocates for equal representation, non-discrimination and inclusive society for women and girls with disabilities. We are also interested in creating greater awareness among governments and the public
A JUST WORLD WITHOUT EXCLUSION
TO EMPOWER WOMEN AND GIRLS LIVING WITH DISABILITIES, ENABLE THEM, EDUCATE THEM, AND ADVOCATE FOR THEIR RIGHTS IN THE SOCIETY
• Promote our participation in relevant policies at all levels, towards achieving an inclusive world that acknowledges gender, disability, justice and human rights
• Empower women and girls with disabilities to bring about positive change and transformation.
• Collaborate with development partners and relevant stakeholders that will protect the rights of women and girls with disabilities from Sexual Gender-Based Violence.
• Establish and run an inclusive secretariat to support Network of Disabled Women Leaders.
• Facilitate work and employment for women with disabilities
• Advocate for equal representation of WWDs in decision-making processes.
• Mentor younger women with disabilities to achieve their future aspirations.
• Create awareness on the issues of women and girls with disabilities.
Thematic areas of work
• Political Participation
• Economic Empowerment using sports, agriculture and other activities
• Education/mentorship/leadership training for women and girls living with disabilities
• Peace and Security
Youth with Disabilities development
Youth with Disabilities mentorship
Contact address of organization